This atheist activist and skeptic is a minor-leagues wikipedian, a member of Libres penseurs athées, is affiliated to the Montreal-based Sceptiques du Québec organization, and is a Goodreads librarian. Optionally, this user can be
spammed, emailed, facebooked, linkified, pinterested or youtubed.
Spam control follow-up
Spam management primer for new admins
- For spam deletions and user bans' purposes, access the last 1500 events through the http://www.atheismunited.com/wikiedit/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&hidebots=0&limit=1500 link (and not the default Recent changes link) to cover all events of busy spammy days.
- Before and after verifying the Recent changes, take a quick look at the Main page and Huge list of atheist agnostic skeptic humanist websites pages to verify if any vandalizing/spamming occurred. Do the necessary rollbacks.
- When doing the Recent changes' verification, be on the look-out for any changes to legit pages (roll back as necessary). New spam or spammy user's pages should simply be deleted. Spammers or vandals should be banned for 6 months (3 months or 1 year is acceptable). Do not ban an IP for indeterminate periods, because it means a legitimate contributor, down the road, won't be able to contribute without first sending an email to get his IP unblocked.
- Obviously, do not delete legit contributions or legit users (hint: newly created accounts who haven't positively contributed can be considered as sleeper spam accounts and thus can be banned).
- Spammy New Pages (all) can be more directly accessed and deleted when in damage control mode. Check the history for vandalized legit pages.
- Tedious ? Time consuming ? You bet. But that's the price to pay for a good google ranking. Plus, you'll get better and quicker at it (if I can do it, so can you, believe me).