Our Vision (wikified)
From Atheism United
- To stoke the flame that is reason as society leaves religion in our past.
- We hope to market atheism, improve the world, and protect and promote secular government.
- To educate the people of the world on atheism.
- To show the good atheists do for the sake of doing good.
- To establish tolerance in our nations for atheism and atheists.
- To assist the National Atheist Party by allowing ourselves to be counted and show that atheists are a voting block.
- To elect an openly atheist President, as an important symbolic milestone of a shift in the perceptions and biases of the populace.
- To serve as a watch dog organization to protect against religious infringement upon atheists.
- To serve as a lighthouse to those atheists who are alone or who remain hidden for fear of persecution.
- To combat religious propaganda and brainwashing.
- To expose the truth about all religious establishments.
Improve the world
- To unite in doing good together.
- To protect the rights of atheists and anyone who is being oppressed.
- To make changes in government policy and goals.
- To help all societies move toward global secularization.
- To champion goals that serve the people such as making healthcare and a full education affordable or free for all.
- To elect critical thinkers and people of reason to positions of service in our nations.
- To champion the ideas of truth, knowledge and freedom.
- To fight to protect our environment as we strive to make this planet better for future generations.
Protect and promote secular government
- To repeal laws which impose religious ideals
- To return America to its Constitutional roots, without a government supported religious belief.
- To end the special privileges and exemptions that governments afford to religious institutions, including exemption from taxation.
- To give atheists a world in which they don't give their tax dollars to religious leaders.
- To protect all people from the dangers of religion including arguing against all war that is predicated at least partially on religious conflict.
- To protect all people from religious intrusion.